Ti ringrazio tanto to Matteo and Enrico of Blobally for the Liebster Award nomination. As well, hat tip and a thousand thanks to the formidable Scars, Tears and Training Bras for the Creative Blogger Award nomination. Thank you so much for your support. I am happy to have found you all and share mutual passions.
My Liebster nominees are:
The rules are simple enough: Nominees can thank and post a link of the blog of the person who nominated you, then answer these questions too:
- Where is your favourite place in the world and why? Wherever my family is.
- What made you start your blog? I was sad about my mother’s death and developed a habit of taking street portraits just to get out of the house. Then I found a job that sent me abroad where I continued to take photos. Blogging felt like a good way to show that there is beauty and joy even in conflict, death, poverty, and war.
- What is your dream job? Anthony Bourdain’s job.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I have a noticeably egg-shaped head and fall madly in love with everything. And I like wearing heels.
- When you are having a rubbish day how do you cheer yourself up? I complain about it to my friends and family until I feel better. Chocolate helps though.
- What is your biggest fear? That the person I love doesn’t love me back. …Cheesy, I know.
- How would your friends describe you? Intense. Mercurial. Funny.
- What is your favourite book and why? Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver. Set in the natural world of Southwest USA, it’s about the life choices we conjure up to change our fate.
- What is your obsession? Emotion. It drives what I do, who I’m with, and who I am.
- What is your favourite comfort food? Bacon and eggs. This is the American in me.
- Tell us 1 random fact about yourself. (I’ll throw in 4 other facts to satisfy the Creative Blogger Award requirement.)
- Not into socks.
- Sad at the fact that I can’t travel to, and exist in, two places at once.
- Can spot a lie every time.
- Lucky at fishing.
- Laughing out-loud is my specialty.