Thrilled to announce that I am a Liebster Award* nominee! Thank you so much to the amazing Atlantan, Gin is My Comfort Food, for this nomination. I am honored and so happy that you love my name, writing, and photos.
So the award rules are: provide 11 fun facts about myself, answer Gin’s 11 questions, and nominate my favorite newbie bloggers. Here we go…
11 Fun Facts About Me:
1. When I pull back my hair, my head really looks like an upside down egg.
2. My mother’s family lineage comes from Wakkanai on Hokkaido island. It is the northernmost city of Japan and the island closest to the Siberian Peninsula.
3. My father’s paternal lineage can be traced back to Peru and Argentina.
4. I have ballerina feet due to childhood years of ballet training.
5. An essay I wrote about what I would do if I knew I was going to die tomorrow was published in an anthology. I was 11!
6. At a three-day wedding in Albi, France, I learned how not to drink too much, flirt with fine Frenchmen, and steer a boat.
7. One of my favorite movies to watch when I feel sick is White Chicks. It’s up there with Apocalypse Now and Casablanca. #dontjudgeme
8. In Bangkok, I became a better bachata dancer because of a spry 90-year old Cuban dude.
9. In Florence, beads of sweat formed on my upper lip every time a handsome Italian maître d called me bella principessa.
10. I am scouring for a vintage teapot of a certain make, model, and dimension, and I am thisclose to offering Ladurée a pretty penny for one.
11. My dream marriage proposal takes place on top of a hill overlooking Paris. And that totally happened in Sacré-Cœur in 2009. I’m a lucky gal :-).
11 Answers to Gin’s Questions:
- Why did you start blogging? To document my crazy travels and share them with people like you.
- What is your dream vacation? Drinking wine in Tuscany.
- How do you deal with stress? Prioritization 🙂
- What’s your favorite drink? Thick Hot Chocolate.
- Do you believe in ghosts? Nah.
- Are you happy with your current job? Yes. Long time coming!
- What’s your favorite quirky trait of yours? I laugh like Lisa Simpson.
- Do you have any tattoos? No. I am afraid of needles.
- What advice would you give your younger self? Go out and have fun.
- Who is your hero? My mum.
- Who do you write for? a) Myself and b) Other passionate writers and travelers.
All Americanese – a political foodie blog by my sister from another mister, YW.
Pan Banana – this gal’s writing is hilarious and he is crazy about food and art.
*The Liebster Award is shared by the blogging community to up-and-coming bloggers.